One of the most pivotal pieces of equipment in a Sound Mixer’s arsenal is their XLR Cable. Even more specifically, the cable that connects the boom pole to the mixer/recorder is extremely important. These cables are very susceptible to breaking overtime due to the repeated use and swinging that they endure on a daily basis. This is because of the conductors being used inside. K-Tek recently introduced the new Mighty Boom Cable which separates itself from being JUST a generic XLR cable.
Dimensions and Weights
- Product Length: Over 4 feet long (1.22 m)
- Product Weight: 0.6 lbs (280 g)
Cable section lengths:
- Recorder Side straight cable: 7 inch (18 cm)
- Coiled Cable section: 1 ft (30 cm); stretches to over 4 ft ( 122 cm)
- Boom Seide straight cable: 21″ (53 cm)
- Neutrik connectors
- heavy duty coiled cable:
- 6 thick gauge strands
- aluminum shielding
- each contact soldered with 2 wires for additional backup
What’s In The Box?
- 1x Mighty Boom Cable
Neutrik All Around
The cable used is thicker than most cables that are on the market, which instantly makes me gravitate towards this. When it comes to analog, bigger and thicker is better.
K-Tek is really good with their warranty. Let’s be honest, these types of cables, regardless of the brand, do break from time to time. Should you have an issue with a cable, just contact K-Tek. They will help you to get things squared away.
To have your K-Tek product serviced, please fill out the form on their website, then print out the document and include it with your shipment.
- Each product you are sending in needs its own Repair form.
- Please include a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing and what you want to have serviced.
- If you have a deadline by which you need the product returned, please include that in the instructions. Sorry, we cannot make guarantees, however, we will try our best to make your deadline.
- For super rush processing, please contact us by email/phone first to make special arrangements.
- All warranty repairs must be accompanied by proof of purchase.
- When shipping Boompoles, please read the special instructions for packing/shipping
- Only ship us products that require servicing (e.g. remove shockmount if the boompole needs service)
I WANT TO MAKE MY OWN!
Hey I get it, you are one of those engineers that believes you should make your own cables. I totally get it! I made my own cables for YEARS, and would still do it, if I had time.
If you would like to make your own cables, consider our Soldering 101 course!
If you find yourself pressed for time, and need an XLR cable or two, I highly recommend the K-Tek Mighty Boom Cable. It is a sturdy option and the customer service can’t be beat.