What is a Script Supervisor, and how do you become one? First, take a quick quiz to see how much you know about this department. Then I'll introduce the job, and what to expect from this course.
Find out what types of projects a script supervisor can work on, tips on interviewing with a director, and what to expect at an All Hands meeting. Then take a quiz to see what you learned.
Breaking down the script 8
Everything you need to do to prep for a shoot.
- DOWNLOAD: Breakdown TemplateLecture3.1
- Reading then Re-Reading 09 minLecture3.2
- Breakdown Categories, Eighths, and ERT 06 minLecture3.3
- Timing (ERT) – Narrative Scripts 03 minLecture3.4
- Timing (ERT) – Commercials 03 minLecture3.5
- Distro Formatting (Google Drive/Dropbox Setup) 03 minLecture3.6
- Table Reads 03 minLecture3.7
- Breaking down the script quiz 4 questionsQuiz3.1
Kit and Supplies 3
Let's talk about what supplies you'll need in your kit.
How much is covered under continuity, and what you need to watch for.
- Dialogue 06 minLecture5.1
- Line! Corrections, Off Camera, and Readings 05 minLecture5.2
- Match Action 04 minLecture5.3
- Prop Continuity 03 minLecture5.4
- Hand Gestures 02 minLecture5.5
- Block Shooting 04 minLecture5.6
- Frame Matching 05 minLecture5.7
- The 180 Line 02 minLecture5.8
- Timing Takes 04 minLecture5.9
- Shorthand 02 minLecture5.10
- Continuity quiz 5 questionsQuiz5.1
These are in the order you'll be running them. and need to be uploaded every night after wrap.
- DOWNLOADS: Reports TemplatesLecture6.1
- Lunch Report 02 minLecture6.2
- Progress Report 02 minLecture6.3
- Editors Log 02 minLecture6.4
- Facing Pages 02 minLecture6.5
- Lined Script Pages 02 minLecture6.6
- Full Report/Photo Log 02 minLecture6.7
- Wild Track Log 01 minLecture6.8
- Secondary Reports 02 minLecture6.9
- Reports quiz 2 questionsQuiz6.1
A Day in the Life 15
From arriving at call time, to running your wrap reports, this is a day in the life of a script supervisor.
- Getting Materials 02 minLecture7.1
- Where to Set Up 02 minLecture7.2
- Prepping Materials 03 minLecture7.3
- Rehearsals & Blocking 03 minLecture7.4
- First Shot + Shot List 02 minLecture7.5
- Flipping the World 02 minLecture7.6
- Scene Complete & Owed Shots List 02 minLecture7.7
- Line Reading with Talent 02 minLecture7.8
- Circle Prints 03 minLecture7.9
- How to Take a Break 02 minLecture7.10
- Matching to Previous Scenes 02 minLecture7.11
- Dialogue, Alts, and Adlibs 04 minLecture7.12
- Lunch Report & First Shot After 02 minLecture7.13
- Daily Wrap Reports 02 minLecture7.14
- A Day in the Life Quiz 4 questionsQuiz7.1
Floor plans 1
Get ready to draw some bird's eye view layouts of the scene you're shooting. It's a lot of fun!
- Drawing a Floor Plan 02 minLecture9.1
Contracts and Forms 3
How to manage your freelance income.
Pay Rate 4
Daily vs Hourly, Union vs Non, Project type
Networking and landing a job 2
It's all about who you know, your reputation, and how to keep the momentum going when you're a freelancer.
- Tips to Landing the Next Job 02 minLecture12.1
- How to juggle more than one job opportunity at a time 02 minLecture12.2
Some guidelines I like to use on set to effective get my continuity point across, without losing my cool.
- How to Effectively Communicate Continuity Errors 02 minLecture13.1
- Welcome! 01 minLecture14.1
- Breakdown 20 minLecture14.2
- Lunch Report 07 minLecture14.3
- Progress Report 10 minLecture14.4
- Editors Log 04 minLecture14.5
- Facing Pages 06 minLecture14.6
- Lined Script Pages 06 minLecture14.7
- Full Report (+ Photo Log) 02 minLecture14.8
- Wild Track Log 04 minLecture14.9
- Secondary ReportsLecture14.10
- You’re finished with the course! Now what?Lecture15.1
OPTIONAL: Tell me how you enjoyed the course 1
- Feedback on the course 6 questionsQuiz16.1