This section looks at the job, tasks, and duties of the Media Manager on set.
What is a Data Manager? 2
This section defines the job and duties of a DIT versus a Media Manager.
It Starts At the Camera 2
Explanation of the basic beggining workflow of a job and professional handling of assets.
Basic Digital Asset Workflow 1
Step by step industry standards properly logging camera cards
- Logging Camera CardsLecture4.1
Media Manager Software 6
Indepth step-by-step of proper setup and standard checksum software.
Building Your Own System 2
A ground-up view of the guts of a computer to do your job. Then understanding the math to calculate potential hard drive space for assets.
Where You'll Hunker Down on Set 2
Taking a look at the onset difficulties and business side of your services.
DIGITAL IMAGING TECHNICIAN: A VERY PRACTICAL GUIDE TO ON-SET MANAGEMENT OF DIGITAL MEDIA
This is the only book covers the breadth of this new and demanding career field of the Digital Imaging Technician (DITs). A section of the digital imaging industry that is growing leaps and bounds.
The career, and the need for this skill, set grows daily as almost all feature films, corporate, and television productions have moved from film to digital acquisition.
The full scope of the DIT functions on set is highly misunderstood. How to actually do the job, what software to use and how to build a DIT station are still mysteries to most. This book solves all that under one cover.
Complete overview of the DIT job functions:
– In-depth breakdown of the software needed complete with full asset workflows using the top DIT software used by professionals today.
– Step-by-step tutorials of workflows in RED CINE-X Pro, SCRATCH, DaVinci Resolve, ShotPut Pro, YoyotaID, and more
– Independent production and workflows based around DSLR cameras.
– Making workflows work for Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer, and Adobe Premier.
– Tips and techniques for working on-set that only the pros know.
– Full breakdown on color, color space, LUTs, codecs and how all of these are critical to todays image delivery.
– How to create a true Rec.709 color LUT for dailies delivery. Deep dive into color, color spaces, and codecs. HDR and VR workflows ACES workflows. The books structure will help you learn faster. Extensive hardware chapters reflecting some of the latest and emerging technologies. All software tutorials updated to the latest release version (as of June 2019).
– All digital assets, audio and video clips used in the step-by-step tutorials are included (30 gigs!) More than 500 pages packed with the latest information to help you start as a DIT or improve your existing skills
More than 500 pages packed with the latest information to help you start as a DIT or improve your existing skills.
Order you copy now: